Long ago, we pledged unwavering allegiance to the egg: a flawless, versatile vessel of protein. Be it poached, scrambled, hard-boiled, soft-boiled, whisked in a frittata, omelette seasoned with onions, tomatoes, green chillies and coriander leaves, we love to have it in any form. Here are some quick scrumptious egg breakfast ideas that will make you crave for having eggs every day.
Read More: Axone: A Famous Naga Delicacy
Making scrambled eggs is not a big deal. However, it is about technique and fresh ingredients that make us drool. To prepare delicious scrambled eggs:
- Take a cold saucepan, break two eggs and add milk
- Then place the pan on low flame, stirring until they start coagulating
- Keep stirring
- When the eggs are close to cooked, add in grated cheese and cold butter
- Allow the butter to melt
- Sprinkle in salt and Worcestershire sauce at the end
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
- Place eggs in a pan full of cold water and boil for 10 minutes
- Peel off the egg shells once cooled down, and slice each egg in half and remove the yolks
- Put the egg yolks in a bowl along with mayonnaise, cream, mustard, lemon zest, salt, dill and finely chopped smoked salmon.
- Blend everything and transfer the mixture to a plastic sandwich bag, cutting off the corner
- Then place the cooked egg whites on a serving plate and start piping the salmon mixture in the egg whites
- Roll up the salmon strips and push them into the salmon mixture in the eggs
- Garnish with parsley, chives, and black pepper
Parchment Baked Eggs
- Start by preheating oven to 350°F
- Fold a 14×12-inch piece of parchment paper in half and cut into a heart shape
- Unfold the paper and place it on a rimmed baking sheet
- Then put the sweet potato cubes on one side of the parchment paper and season it with olive oil, smoked paprika, dried thyme, salt and pepper.
- Make two small wells in the tray of sweet potatoes and crack the eggs into the wells, and season with some more salt and pepper, and add mozzarella on the top
- Seal the parchment paper by folding the edge.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for at least 15 to 20 minutes
- Unfold the edge once it’s cooled down, and then garnish with sliced scallions