Is It Possible To Change The Occupational Status On Golden Visa After Getting A Job? 

If you are in the UAE on a Golden Visa sponsored by your husband and your occupation on the visa is housewife, is it possible for you to get it changed to some other occupation after getting a job? Come let us find out the answer to the same. 

After getting a job in the UAE and being a Golden Visa holder under a spouse’s sponsorship, the provisions of Cabinet Resolution No. 1 of 2022 on the Implementation of Federal Decree-Law No. 33 of 2021 Regarding the Regulation of Employment Relations will be applicable in your case. 

In the UAE, if an employer wants to hire a Golden Visa holder then the former should get a work permit from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE). 

And, if you are sponsored by your husband and want to work in the country, then you must get a no objection certificate (NOC) from your husband and provide the same to the prospective employer. Then the employer can apply for a work permit with MOHRE. This category of permit is meant for residents who are sponsored by their families and working in an establishment approved by the Ministry. 

As your residency status happens to be ‘housewife’, you would not be able to change the status of your occupation in the UAE Golden Card (resident ID), ‘housewife’ to the present profession/designation with your prospective employer. 

However, if you want a UAE golden card (resident ID) specifying your profession, then you could cancel the existing golden residency visa sponsored by your husband. Following the same, if your profession is in sync with the need to seek a golden residency visa based on your designation, experience and pay packet with the prospective employer then you can apply for the same. Then you can mention your new occupation on the new Golden Visa. 

Connect with NRI experts via WhatsApp | Click here