How To Stay On In UAE If Your Visa Gets Expired?

People often visit the UAE for several reasons, work activities or sightseeing. If you want to visit an emirate or a city in the UAE; be it for work-related activities or a vacation. However, you are unsure about the duration of your stay and in the process, your visa gets expired, what would you do?  

Your concern is justified but the UAE administration grants a grace period of 10-days to tourists and visit visa holders. However, it depends on your plan. As a tourist, you can get a visa for 30 days, extending up to 90 days for single or multiple entries. However, you can’t stretch your stay beyond 90 days. Also, during these 90 days, via extending your tourist visa, you don’t have to leave the country or pay a fine. 

Read More: Countries Providing Golden Visas to Foreigners

If your tourist visa falls under the grace period of 10 days and still you overstay, you’re liable to pay a fine of: 

  • AED 200 for the first day 
  • AED 100 each consecutive day 
  • AED 100 as service fee 

Visa terms become different when it comes to a UAE resident. If you’re a resident of the UAE but your visa has been cancelled without notice or has expired, the administration permits a 30-day grace period so that you get enough time to renew your residential status or leave the country. No fines are imposed during the grace period. 

If you overstay beyond the grace period, you have to pay liability of: 

  • AED 125 for the first day of overstay 
  • AED 25 for each subsequent day 
  • AED 50 per day after six months of overstaying 
  • AED 100 per day exceeding one year of overstaying 

How to Renew and Restore your Residential Status in UAE? 

Under the Ministerial Resolution No 377 of 2014, all types of visa holders can modify their entry while residing in the UAE if they intend to. However, you will have to pay a fee of AED 550 to change the status, including the ‘change of status;’ process fee. This will allow you to alter your visa without exiting or entering the country. 

In case you are not a resident of the UAE and travelling to the UAE from some other countries, you can apply for a short-term or long-term visit visa at lower costs, depending on your requirement. 

Connect with NRI experts via WhatsApp | Click here