Now, Students In The UK Can Switch To This Visa Without Even Graduating From A University 

For international students, this is nothing short of a boon. The United Kingdom has tweaked the eligibility parameters of their Skilled Worker Visa to enable foreign students residing in the country a smooth switchover. 

According to the fresh guideline, applicants don’t have to possess a degree certificate to seek a skilled worker visa. Students after getting a job from an employer approved by the Home Office can apply to change from the student route visa to the skilled worker visa with immediate effect even if their degree programmes are yet to finish. 

Resultantly, foreign students are invariably going for this option as it provides a quick pathway to full-time employment in the UK. Also, the graduate route forces students to cough up hefty fees and maintenance for the duration of their course, prior to getting into the job sector. 

Eligibility Criteria For The Skilled Worker Visa: 

Securing a job with a UK employer, who has been approved by the Home Office 

Possess a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from the employer that lists in detail the role assigned 

The job must match the list of eligible occupations 

Draw a minimum salary, the amount hinges on the kind of work you perform 

Must be fluent in English: read, write and understand the language. Need to prove proficiency in English while applying 

Switching To This Visa Is Not Possible If You Are In The UK: 

on a visit visa 

on a short-term student visa 

on a Parent of a Child Student visa 

on a seasonal worker visa 

on a domestic worker on a private household visa 

on immigration bail 

because you were allowed to stay outside the immigration regulations, for instance on compassionate grounds 

The Costs Involved 

To get a Skilled Worker visa, you must have adequate money: 

for the application fee, which varies from £625 to £1,423 on the basis of your circumstances 

For the healthcare surcharge, the cost happens to be £624 annually 

If your job happens to be on the shortage occupation list the fee amount will come down. 

In case you’re applying from the UK to extend, switch or update your visa, the standard fee will depend on how long you will be in the UK: 

up to 3 years – £719 per person 

more than 3 years – £1,423 per person 

Connect with NRI experts via WhatsApp | Click here