Samsung has finally launched Galaxy Z Fold 3, Galaxy Z Flip 3 on August 11 at the Galaxy Unpacked event. The company’s new foldable smartphones are the first smartphones by Samsung to feature an under-display camera. The Galaxy Z Fold 3 comes as a successor to the Galaxy Z Fold 2, the Flip 3 replaces the previous Flip models. The new foldable phones come with a water-resistant IPX8 build made of Samsung’s Armor Aluminum. Both models come with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection.
The company claimed that the new foldable phones are about 80% durable compared to previous models, and these have got flexible displays as well. For the first time in the company’s foldable phone portfolio, Samsung has added S Pento the Galaxy Z Fold 3.
Interestingly, during the Galaxy unpacked event, WhatsApp has unveiled a much-anticipated feature enabling users to finally migrating their chat history between iOS and Android phones. This means users will now be able to transfer their chat history from iPhones to Samsung phones, starting with the Galaxy Z Fold 3, Galaxy Z Flip 3 by the South Korean tech giant. The feature will be available for both iOS and Android users working in both directions soon.
Specifications of Galaxy Z Fold 3
- Runs on Android 11 with One UI, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 features a 7.6-inch primary QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLAED 2X Infinity Flex Display with 120Hz adaptive refresh rate and 374ppi pixel density.
- It gets a cover screen with a 6.2-inch HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X and a display with a 120Hz adaptive refresh rate and 387ppi pixel density.
- It comes along with a 5nm octa-core SoC that has a maximum clock speed of 2.84GHz (Qualcomm Snapdragon 888) and 12GB of RAM and 256GB and 512GB of UFS 3.1 storage options.
- It carries a triple rear camera: a 12-megapixel primary sensor with an f/1.8 wide-angle lens and optical image stabilisation, a 12-megapixel ultra-wide shooter, and a 12-megapixel sensor with a telephoto lens (supports dual OIS and delivers up to 2x optical zoom).
- For selfies and video chats, a 10-megapixel camera paired with an f/2.2 lens comes on its cover.
- It has provided 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth v5.2, GPS/ A-GPS, NFC, Ultra-Wideband (UWB), a USB Type-C port and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
- A 4,400mAh dual-cell battery that supports both wireless and wired charging is included.
- It comes in four colour options- Phantom Black, Green, Lavender and Cream- price starting at Rs 1,33,600.
Specifications of Galaxy Z Flip 3
- Based on Android 11, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 runs on One UI and features a 6.7-inch primary full HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity Flex Display along with 425ppi pixel density.
- Provides a 5nm octa-core SoC that maximises clock speed up to 2.84GHz (Qualcomm Snapdragon 888) and paired with 8GB of RAM.
- The dual rare camera setup includes a 12-megapixel primary sensor, an f/1.8 wide-angle lens and OIS, and a 12-megapixel ultra-wide shooter. The selfie camera is a 10-megapixel with an f/2.4 lens.
- Gets 128GB and 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 is 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth v5.2, GPS/ A-GPS, NFC enabled, and a USB Type-C port and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
- The 3,300mAh dual-cell battery on the Galaxy Z Flip 3 supports 15W fast charging and is compatible with Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 2.0.
- Available in Cream, Green, Gray, Lavender, Phantom Black, Pink, and White colours, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 costs Rs 74,200.