With curbs eased on Indian travelers by several countries, Indians are preparing themselves to go back to their host countries or visit countries like the UK, UAE, or Canada. Countries that have put India on their red list will allow Indian citizens permission to enter only if they follow the travel guidelines, such as mandatory quarantine, vaccination, etc.
So, before planning to enter a western or middle eastern country, keep a tab on a few things, including visa validity. Do you know how to check visa validity? If no, then read further.
How to Check Visa Validity Before Travelling Overseas?
- Visit https://iasservices.org.uk/track-uk-visa-status/
- Keep details like case identification number, unique application number, payment reference number, biometric resident permit number, or immigration health surcharge number handy.
- After providing any of the above-mentioned detail, you can enter and track the status of your visa application
- You can dial 03001232241 to track your UK visa application. The assistance centre is open from Monday to Thursday between 9 am to 4.45 pm and on Fridays between 9am to 4.30 pm
If your visa has been issued in Dubai:
- Login on to the website of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) Dubai by visiting https://amer.gdrfad.gov.ae/visa-inquiry
- Select the option ‘residence visa’
- Enter your visa number under the ‘file’ section of the visa stamped on your passport
- Enter your details such as name, date of birth, nationality and check the box to verify yourself as a user. Then, tap ‘submit’.
- If your visa validity hasn’t expired, you will see the status ‘issued’ popping up on your screen.
If your visa has been issued by any other emirate, other than Dubai:
- You can check your visa validity by logging on to the website of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA)
- Choose if you wish to check the visa validity using your visa’s file number or passport number
- Select the ‘residency’ option to check the residence visa’s validity
- Enter personal details like your name, nationality, passport number, expiry date. Click ‘search’ after checking the box to verify yourself as a user.
- If your visa is still valid, you will see the status as ‘active’ on the screen
- Visit Canada’s official website for immigration and citizenship by entering https://www.cic.gc.ca/
- Sign in to your account
- Click ‘check status and messages’ under the ‘view my submitted applications or profiles’ section
- Enter your visa number
- Then enter your name, date of birth, nationality, and click ‘submit’
- Your visa validity status will appear on the screen
As of now, you cannot check for your Canadian visa validity as the website says, “Due to COVID-19, we’re experiencing processing delays.”
You can check your visa status using the passport number as well. For that you have to:
- Visit the official website for visa of the country you will be travelling to
- Find the option to track the status of visa applications
- Then enter passport number or acknowledgement number and date of birth
- Enter captcha code and then tap on submit
- The status of the visa will be displayed