Over the years United Arab Emirates (UAE) had taken several measures to strengthen the travel and tourism industry in the country. The five-year multiple-entry tourist visa, launched in October 2022, happens to be one such initiative. This visa permits tourists to enter and leave the UAE at various times, provided they remain in the country for a minimum of 90 days during each visit.
However, they should not remain in the country for more than 180 days in a year. Now, reports have emerged that UAE is planning to widen the ambit of its five-year multiple-entry tourist visa as well. Let us see how things shape up in future.
The tourist visa is bound to strengthen tourism and business in the UAE. This apart, it would permit people to spend more time with their families in the UAE, sans applying for a visa multiple times.
Method To Apply For The Visa
Application for the tourist visa can be sent online as well; on the websites of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA), Federal Authorities for Citizenship, Customs, Identity and Ports Security (ICP) or the GDRFA-Dubai Smart Application. The requisite documents should be attached and the fees should be paid as well.
The Documents Required
- Bank statement of the last six months to prove that the person has a minimum balance of $4,000, or its equivalent in other foreign currencies
- Possess UAE health insurance
- The new passport-size colour photo on a white background
- Copy of the first and last page of the passport
- A copy of the flight ticket, hotel booking or lease agreement and proof of residence like an invitation letter from family or friends living in UAE
How Much Does It Cost?
- According to the info given on the service card on the GDRFA website, the cost of a five-year multiple-entry visa comes to AED1500 (USD 408)
- Also, a collection commission of AED20 per transaction from Commercial Bank of Dubai and Dh50 for companies and AED15 for individuals/Emaratech companies, respectively
- The application process fee through Amer Centers will cost AED100