France entered the Schengen Zone in 1997 when it inked the Schengen Agreement. With plenty of visually pleasing sites and employment potential, it happens to be a clear favourite among foreign travellers across the world. Based on the objective of your visit, there are various kinds of visas for each purpose. Be it a short visit or study or work and settle, you must apply for a different France Schengen Visa.
If you happen to be an EU national then an identity card would be sufficient to enter the country. But for foreigners there are several documents and proofs needed:
- A valid passport or travel document with a validity of at least 3 months post departure
- A visa depending upon your purpose
- Possess adequate finance to stay in the country. France needs you to provide evidence of having 120€ per day in case you are without prepaid accommodation and 65€ per day otherwise.
- A round-trip ticket to the country
- Accommodation for the entire duration of the stay
Who All Require Schengen Visa?
Due to France being a part of the Schengen zone common travel area, people from certain countries must get a visa while travelling to the French territory for temporary and small visits:
- Visitors from third-world countries that are yet to ink a visa liberalization agreement with the Schengen states
- Visitors from third-world countries that are part of a visa liberalization agreement with the Schengen states but were barred from visiting France or any other Schengen country
Work Permit Of France
France Work Visa allows a foreigner to live and work in France for a certain time limit. There are diverse eligibility criteria and procedures when it comes to applying for work permits. They also hinge on the type of employment, permanent or temporary. But you require a valid work visa to get employed in France.
Kinds Of Work Visas
France provides numerous choices when it comes to long-stay work visas. So, an individual has to apply for appropriate work visas that are given below to be in France for over three months. Even the eligibility criteria vary and an individual is supposed to satisfy the requirements of a particular visa being sought. The visa categories happen to be:
French Salaried Employees Visa
This visa is meant for the ones who wish to work in France for up to a year. The individual must furnish a work contract from the employer for this visa, which must be approved by the DIRECCTE (Direction Regionale des enterprises, de la concurrence et de la consummation, du travail et de l’emploi).
French Work Visa for Professionals and independent workers:
Certain professionals such as doctors, lawyers, architects, judicial administrators, and general insurance agents need authorization from the appropriate professional body. If you are part of the professions given above, then you must fulfil the formality prior to applying for a visa.
Docs Needed For France Work permit
- Duly filled visa application form
- Two recent passport-size photos
- Passport with a minimum validity of 3 months post the end of your planned stay
- Enough money to stay in the country
- Certificate of criminal records
- Proof of payment of visa fees